Hi! Beauties! Today I thought I would just share some random beauty tips with you that I have came across from my many hours of researching (playing on) the internet. I found them interesting and I am betting you will too. I have not tried all these tips, so if you have tried any of them, please share your results with us.
- Apply Vaseline to wrist and behind knee. Spray those two areas with perfume. The Vaseline absorbs the perfume as it soaks into your skin. The scent from the perfume rises, so back of knee is a great place to keep it.
- Roll on perfume oil last longer than regular perfume spray. Expensive perfume sprays don’t last that long and the roll on perfume fragrances will last up to 5 hours. (I am definitely going to be giving this one a try)
- Spray your favorite perfume on your hair brush then brush your hair. It will add a subtle scent that will stay with you all day.
- Keep your bottles of perfume out of the bathroom (heat and humidity can cause the scent to turn)- you can even store them in the refrigerator to keep scents fresh even longer. (I found this one very interesting)
- To apply your foundation and to get the most coverage. Use a large flat topped brush, which deposits color more densely. Dip the brush into your foundation and swirl all over your face, in small circular motions, until it is well blended onto your skin. To finish, take a makeup sponge then dip it into the foundation and use it to push it onto problem areas. ( I have tried this and it does work) (Real Techniques makes both a good buffing foundation brush and sponge. You can get both of them off of Amazon.com or Ulta)(for your convenience you can use my affiliate Amazon.com link in my side bar, just click on the blue “see more great deals”)
- Applying moisturizer can make a big difference when applying foundation. Apply moisturizer before applying foundation and leave on for approx. 5 minutes to dry and set in.
- When applying foundation always start in the center of your face and work outward. Then don’t forget your neck.
- A quicker way to apply eyeliner to both of your waterlines is to use a retractable eyeliner pencil and rolling the tip out longer than normal. Place tip on bottom waterline then close your eye and move pencil tip back and forth and viola you apply to both waterlines at once.
- A lip brush can help with applying lipstick with better accuracy and to help blend lip liner with your lipstick so the liner doesn’t stand out so much.
- For dandruff, try massaging 2-3 tablespoons of regular table salt into your scalp before getting your hair wet. Let sit for a minute, then was your hair as usual. Repeat once a week to keep dandruff away for good.
So there is 10 beauty tips for our Beauty 101 class. I hope these tips will help someone. I found all of them interesting and they are tips that I would not mind trying. If you have tried any of these tips please let us know which ones and if they worked for you. You can also share one of your own tips if you would like to share it. If you have any tips, suggestions or questions please feel free to leave them below in the comment section. To leave a comment just click below where is says how many comments there are for this article. I am only telling you this because I have had some subscribers ask me how to leave a comment due to them not seeing the actual comment section. I totally understand why the question, when I first started reading some blogs I also had a hard time figuring out how to leave a comment. Also we can connect through any of my social media outlets, just click on corresponding floating icon and I am just a click away.
Hi! Beauties! It is time for my Thrifty Thursday’s weekly thrifty finds! Wow! I am so happy about this weeks finds. Even though I am not for sure whether to eat or wear the eye shadow palette…..LOL! As you can see from the above picture, this week I am showing you what I bought from the Too Faced website. Yes, it was a thrifty find. They had a 20% off anything sale and I have been wanting this delightful and smells like chocolate eye shadow palette since it came out a couple of months ago. Originally it cost $49.00. I have also been wanting one of the Too Faced La Creme Color Drenched Lip Creams (lipstick), which originally costs $22.00. Not only did I get an almost never heard of 20% discount off of a high end name brand but they also gave me a mini Glamour Gloss in the color Flirt and a mini Lip Insurance lip primer for free. As you can see from the above picture, these are good sized minis. I am sorry, I got so excited when this package arrived that when I was taking the pictures to share with you for this post, I forgot to take any close up pictures of my freebies. I know, I’m bad…(sad face). The mini lip gloss in Flirt is a light brown nude color and yes it smells divine also. (full size cost $19) The mini lip primer in a full size cost $19. I will keep you updated on these freebies as I use them.
Let me start with this La Creme Color Drenched Lipstick. I got mine in the color Marshmallow Bunny. Let me first tell you a little of what the website says about this lipstick, then I will tell you what I think. The website says “There’s rich, there’s obscenely rich and then there’s our La Creme Color Drenched Lip Cream”, the website concludes with saying this lipstick is oozing with lip-conditioning hydrators, including white lotus flower, it treats while it enhances lips. Now, I will tell you what my opinions of this lipstick are. The packaging is adorable as you can see above and the lipstick container is a heavy gold looking metal and the lid closes so tight there would be no worries about carrying this in your purse. The lipstick is very creamy and does glide on your lips like a dream. I am a little afraid of bold colors so I always order online with caution so I chose the what I thought would be a pinky neutral and Marshmallow Bunny is just that. It adds a little pink and shine to my lips. I do wish I would have ordered a little darker color. My lips does feel very hydrated. I have not wore it out for a whole day yet, so I can’t say much about the staying power. I will keep you updated in my future “Monthly Favorites and Fails” blog posts. Just to let you know they are still on sale on the Too Faced website. I just added the link for your convenience. This is not a sponsored article.
Now for the star of the show! Words can not express how glad and thankful I am that I was able to get my hands on this palette but then to also to be able to get it on sale….(both hands doing the wave). I started to pick this up last month on my birthday get-a-way but when I seen the price tag, I sat it back down. If you are a beauty junkie like me, you know that feeling….. walking away from that coveted makeup item all while glancing back and wondering if you are making the right choice…..Oh! the pain of being a beauty junkie ……I know I am being too dramatic! This palette is made with 100% natural cocoa powder. Yes!!! It smells just like chocolate! It has 6 matte colors and 10 simmer shades with all of their names being chocolate themed. I plan on doing a full on review of this palette with swatches of all the colors on it’s own separate post. I will give you a couple of examples of the names though, White Chocolate and Triple Fudge. See, I told you I didn’t know whether to wear them or eat them.
I hope you are enjoying these Thrifty Thursday’s articles. I know I am enjoying doing them for you. If you have any comments, suggestions or questions please feel free to leave them below in the comment section. To leave a comment just click below where is says how many comments there are for this article. I am only telling you this because I have had some subscribers ask me how to leave a comment due to them not seeing the actual comment section. I totally understand why the question, when I first started reading some blogs I also had a hard time figuring out how to leave a comment. Also we can connect through any of my social media outlets, just click on corresponding floating icon and I am just a click away.