Hi! Friends!Today, I want to share with you the beer bread recipe (bottom of this post) from the Cuisinart recipe book using my Cuisinart Convection CBK-200 Bread Maker. I have had my bread machine for now over a year and I love it! If you watch the above video you will see how and the results I had with the recipe and machine. This is not the first time I have made this bread with the bread maker. I have made other breads with it too and I can honestly say, I would not be able to make a loaf of bread like this without using a machine. I am not a bread/pastry baker at all!
I made this loaf of bread due to I am having issues with allergic reactions and my allergist has my diet restricted right now to help find out what I am actually allergic to. Soy is one of the things I can not have right now due to positive reaction to it during my allergy tests. Have you checked the ingredients in bread you purchase in the store lately? I know, I hadn’t until this. Most bread and a lot more things have soy in it. I have found I am loving making my bread so I know what exactly is going into it!
I am sure if you have another brand of a 2 lb bread machine you can use same recipe, as below, in your bread machine. If you make it, come back and let me know!!
I am leaving the link to the Amazon link I used to purchase mine. I am doing this not to trick you to buy one, but so you can get a good close up look at all the features it offers. I also included the link to the CBK-100 model. It is about $15 cheaper but it is not a convection one, along with some other differences. I thought you might want to look at some close up views on it.
I have listed the descriptions below for both machines from Amazon’s page so you can see the differences maybe a little easier.
Cuisinart CBK-200 2-Lb Convection Bread Maker
- Programmable bread machine with convection fan adjusts speed and timing for foolproof results
- 16 preset menu options including Low Carb, Gluten-Free, and Artisan Dough settings
- 3 crust colors and 3 loaf sizes; over 100 bread, dough, sweet cake, and jam combinations
- Audible tone indicates when to add mix-ins; 12-hour delay-start timer; power-failure backup
- Product Built to North American Electrical Standards
Cuisinart CBK-100 2-Pound Programmable Breadmaker
- 12 preprogrammed menu options, 3 crust colors and 3 loaf sizes offer over 100 choices
- Cuisinart-quality technology promises superior crust, color and texture
- Classic lines, embossed logo, and large, sturdy stay-cool handles
- Removable lid with viewing window
- 15-minute Pause
Beer Bread Large – 2 pound Loaf Recipe by Cuisinart
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons of Warm water
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons of Beer (room temperature)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons of salt
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon of Granulated Sugar (splenda works)
- 3 3/4 cups of Bread Flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons instant or bread machine active dry yeast
Remove bread pan from your bread machine. Spray with non-stick spray. Place ingredients in pan in exact order listed above. Press Menu & select White. Press Crust and select Light (or to taste). Press Loaf and select Large. Press Start to mix, knead, rise and bake. When pause signal sounds, remove dough and remove kneading paddle if desired, reshape dough and replace in bread pan. Press Start to continue. When cycle is completed, remove bread from machine and transfer to wire rack to cool. Bread slices better when allowed to cool. (Good-luck, I can never wait….LOL)