Hi! Beauties! I was asked by a subscriber and Facebook follower for my suggestions for some anti-aging products and some anti-aging tips. So, today’s article was born. I am so glad she commented when she did because while researching what I feel would be the best way for someone to find their own skin care regimen, without wasting lots of money on all the different products that one really needs for aging skin. I found a great deal that ends February 14th. Michael Todd’s True Organics skin care line is one of my favorite brands. The picture above is courtesy of their website. A few months ago after learning about this product line while watching an You Tube video, I believe it was Melissa Raymond, I used her link to go check out his products. Like now if you use the link I have in the (your) right side bar you will not only get 15% off your first order, you will also receive 15% off any order after that for an year. The website does say the 15% discount can not be used with special offers, but when you replace your kit or order anything else the 15% will apply. I have found the best and wisest ways to try a new brand is through smaller sized kits. Michael Todd calls his Discovery Collections. These collections contain 5, now even bigger, travel size of all the products one needs for a complete skin care routine. When I got mine they came in a 30 ml/1 fl oz, now they come in 40 ml/1.3 fl. oz to 50 ml/1.7 fl. oz. Back to the sale, right now until February 14th this anti-aging set is on sale for $33, regular $46. Actually all of his Discovery Collections is included in this sale. He offers this anit-aging one along with 4 other ones, which includes kits for Sensitive, Acne or Oily, Dry and one for Combination skin types. When I ordered mine I got the Combination skin one and I also ordered an eye treatment(I will discuss this product in a moment). While I loved all the products that came in it, I believe I should have chosen the anti-aging one… I have got to start remembering that I am not 25 nor even 45 anymore…..heeee! heeeee! I would also like to inform you that my kit, even though the products were smaller, lasted me a couple of months or more. I am looking forward to getting me an anti-aging one. Now enough rambling, let me tell you what all is included in the anti-aging Discovery Collection:
- Cleanse: SKIN DEFENDER aha crème facial cleanser – 50 ml / 1.7 fl oz. Skin Defender cleans gently and thoroughly then rinses without residue leaving skin feeling clean, soft and smooth. Blended with Alpha Hydroxy Acid to improve the appearance of fine lines, blotches and discoloration and Organic Green Tea and Citrus Extracts of Lemons and Oranges to help fight environmental stressors. Skin is more vibrant, even-toned and radiant looking. Prepares the skin for serums and moisturizer.
- Tone: CRANBERRY ANTIOX hydrating anti-aging toner – 50 ml / 1.7 fl oz. Formulated for normal to dry and mature skin types. Cranberry and Antioxidant Vitamins help fight bacteria and environmental damage. Contains black willow tree extract recognized for thousands of years for its healing power and fresh, warm, spicy tea tree oil a powerful immune stimulant to help fight infections and promote clearer skin. Restores the skin’s proper pH without the drying effects of alcohol. Leaves the skin feeling cool and refreshed and healthier looking.
- Scrub: TROPICAL FRUIT enzyme exfoliant scrub – 40 ml / 1.3 fl oz. Naturally fruity refreshing skin treatment that uses the power of Papaya and Pineapple Enzymes as a mild non-irritating exfoliant to remove dead skin, impurities and toxins without irritation caused by scrubbing. Exfoliates, moisturizes and firms, improves elasticity and pliability of the skin, unclogs pores allowing skin to breathe and facilitates movement of skin oils. Gently refines skin texture and encourages skin renewal.
- Hydrate: LIPOSOME ANTIOXIDANT MOISTURIZER with dmae and hyaluronic acid – 40 ml / 1.3 fl oz. Apply at least twice daily to clean skin of face and neck. Apply more frequently if skin feels taught or tight. Do not over-moisturize which can clog pores. For best results, use after toner. Allow for absorption before applying makeup. A soothing cream moisturizer made with organic ingredients. Liposomes transport antioxidants deep into the skin to restore and maintain healthy skin, counteract sun damage and fight premature skin aging and wrinkles. Hyaluronic Acid (humectant) attracts moisture to the skin restoring the skin’s optimal moisture balance. DMAE firms and improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Treat: PEARL AND SILK facial mask – 40 ml / 1.3 fl oz. Extra-gentle skin treatment that hydrates and firms as it exfoliates using the power of Herbal Pearl and Silk Amino Acids to purify and give the skin a very soft and velvety feel. Mild action and the presence of natural soothing agents reduce irritation and inflammation associated with sensitive skin. Exfoliates, moisturizes and firms, improves elasticity and pliability of the skin, unclogs pores allowing skin to breathe and facilitates movement of skin oils. Turns lackluster looking skin into healthier younger looking skin.
Above pictured, you will find the only empty container of my 5 piece Discovery Collection that I could find, I was sure I had saved them all but could not find them anywhere….. ugggh! The Jojoba Charcoal Facial Scrub is an unique polishing facial scrub using Jojoba Wax Beads and Activated Charcoal to effectively remove dead skin, impurities and toxins. It is black and the website says it now has a new scent, I didn’t have a problem with the old scent, but I can tell you this does make your skin feel soft and clean. All skin types will benefit from this facial scrub but especially gentle for dry, sensitive and blemished skin .
The other product pictured above is not included in a Discovery Collection, so I ordered it separately but at the same time I did my kit, hey it made it where I didn’t have to pay shipping…..that is how I justified the purchase. I am so glad I did though because it is a WONDERFUL eye treatment. The Michael Todd’s INTENSIVE™ Organic Cream Eye Treatment with Haloxyl®and Eyeliss® is a cutting edge 90% organic advanced treatment for each aspect of eye aging. Haloxyl and Eyeliss are proprietary formulas developed in Europe to reduce bags and dark circles beneath the eyes. Together they work with the other eye worthy ingredients in INTENSIVE to fight all the signs of premature eye aging. Also supports elastin and collagen production to help the skin in the eye area “bounce back” instead of sagging and wrinkling. “Tops my list of best eye cream treatments” according to “The Doctors” Andrew Ordon, M.D., plastic surgeon to the stars. Skin in any state will benefit from this nourishing treatment but it is especially suited to dry, sensitive and wrinkled skin types. Comes with gentle massage tip applicator to break up puffiness. 15 ml / .5 fl oz.
5 Skin Sins: Try to stop doing any of these!! (per Makeup.com)
- Not using SPF 30 on your face everyday—-Helps prevent blotchiness, brown spots, facial red veins and most importantly, skin cancer.
- Using dirty makeup brushes—-Clogs pores, can cause bacteria infections and pimples. Clean brushes once a week.
- Skipping a night (or two, or three) of washing your face—-Letting all that makeup and oil buildup stew on your face all night leads to clogged pores, dull skin and acne breakouts.
- Over-Scrubbing—–You should only exfoliate your face two to three times a week.
- Popping Pimples—-Squeezing a pimple actually pushes bacteria deeper in your skin plus can make a pimple last even longer on you.
As you can probably tell, I did copy and paste the descriptions of the Michael Todd products from his website. I did this because for one thing to save time but mostly because I could never describe them as good as he does……heeee! heeee! Seriously, all of his products I have tried has been wonderful.
Thank you for visiting my blog today and reading this article. I hope you will subscribe to my blog if you haven’t already, it is free and you will be notified when any new articles are published on this blog. I love to read any comments, suggestions or feedback. Also please feel free to leave any questions you may have for me. I read and respond to all my comments and questions. As always you can also connect with me through any of my social media icons, I am just a click away!
P.S. Which skin sins are you guilty of? I am guilty of 1, 2 and 5.
P.S.S. My Facebook page needs some love!!! Please click here to like my page!