Hi! Beauties! Today on Beth and Beauty it is time to talk trash again. Well, March 2014 Empties! For anyone who doesn’t know what this type of post is about, let me explain. At least once a month I share what beauty/health/home products I have used up during that month(s) and I give you a mini-review of product along with telling you whether I will repurchase product. As always, to enlarge picture to get a better look at products, just click on picture. Let’s get this started with the above pictures products:
- Gillette Brisa Tropical Body Wash/Gel – My husband’s exact words when I asked him about this product was, ” It’s okay!” So I ask him if he would repurchase it and he stated, “Yep, if it smelled all right!” He gives such descriptive reviews. Doesn’t he?….LOL!
- Dove Deep Moisture Nourishing Body Wash – My husband and I both use this and we both love it, most especially for the winter dry skin season. It leaves your skin feeling moisturized. I don’t use body lotions as much as I should because of allergies and with this body wash I can get away without using the body lotion so often.Yes, I will and have repurchased this product.
- Crest Pro Health Toothpaste with whitening for Sensitive Teeth – I am glad I am through with this product. To be honest, it just didn’t leave my mouth feeling refreshed and clean. I can say however, the whitening agent in it did not bother my very sensitive teeth nor did it whiten them that I could tell. No, I will not be repurchasing this product.
- Secret Invisible Solid Clean Lavender Antiperspirant – It did it’s job. I am not real picky when it comes to antiperspirants as long as they work and are invisible so that they won’t rub off on my clothes. This one worked fine and yes I would repurchase if it is on sale or is the cheapest.
- VitaFusion Gummy Multi-Vitiamans – These are my favorite multi-vitamins, they taste good and they do not stick together in the jar nor become hard to chew. Yes, I will continue to repurchase these.
- Bath and Body Works 3- Wick Candles – The 2 shown above are the Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin and Bergamot Woods scents. I love most all of these candles and will continue to repurchase when they are on sale. Out of the 2, the Bergamot Woods is my favorite. It is described as an aromatic woodsy blend, highlighted by bright bergamot, fresh lavender, and deep green cypress. It smells wonderful and even my husband likes it! He is very picky about his candle scents…..???
Now, let’s wrap this empties post up with products in the above picture. There are 3 makeup products.
- Sephora Instant Moisurizer – I got this small tube at Sephora when they had it on the clearance aisle. I used it all up and it was an okay moisturizer but nothing that really stood out to me. I would not repurchase this product unless it was on clearance and I really needed a moisturizer.
- Swisspers Hypoallergenic Cotton Rounds – I got these at Wal Mart and these are my favorite drugstore cotton rounds. I used them to remove my eye makeup and to apply my toner. I have since found my Holy Grail Cotton pads that I will mention next. I would repurchase these if I waited to long to order my other ones from Amazon.com.
- Cotton Clouds 100% Cotton square pads – These are the best,most soft cotton pad and a dupe for the Shiseido 100% Cotton square pads, but will only cost you a third of the cost of the Shiseido ones. The only problem I have came across is that I have to order them online off of Amazon, which really isn’t a problem for me because I am an Amazon Prime member, so I can order these and get them with free shipping in just 2 days. They are found in some Merle Norman stores but none of the MN stores that are around me carries them.
- The product in black/blue packaging are the 5th Avenue Fashionista Makeup Remover wipes – I purchased these at Marshalls for $3.99 and there were 60 wipes in the package. They were good wipes, they were a good size and were well moistened. For the price, they were great. If you are a regular reader of my blog, you know that I just splurged for the small package of MAC Demi-Wipes @ $10 for 30. I will keep you updated on the MAC wipes. Yes, I would repurchase the ones from Marshalls.
- Neutrogena Age Defense Daily Moisturizer – I just finished this product his morning and I really liked this moisturizer. It went on smoothly and it did not take a long time to sink into my face. It did not leave my face greasy, so my makeup went on fine over it. Yes, I would repurchase it.
- Nivea Lip Butter in Caramel Cream Kiss – I will be honest I did not finish this product all the way because after a while it is just gross after you have had to put your fingers in it to apply the product. I have a love/hate relationship with this product. I loved the feel and how it moisturized my lips but I have learned I hate lip products in this kind of packaging. No, I would not repurchase this exact Nivea product but I have purchased a Nivea lip balm in a roll up container that I am now using.
- The 2 little black containers are Lush samples – The first one is the Gorgeous Face Moisturizer. I really liked this product but the reason I have not and probably will not repurchase is that I do not have a Lush store close to me. The other sample is the Lush Lip Scrub in the flavor Bubblegum. I love this lip scrub, it smells and even taste great. If I had a Lush store closer to me I would purchase this product. I do however find $9.95 to be a little pricey for just more or less a flavored sugar scrub.
- The pink mascara container is the Physicians Formula Organic Mascara – I did not like this mascara at all! It was just too thick and clumpy. I went with this one because the container was pink….LOL! I have since learned that I should have got the one in the green container. I am loving my Mary Kay Lash Love right now. No, I would not repurchase this product.
- The mint green little package at the far right of the picture is a sample of Benefit Total Moisture Facial Cream – I did not find this product to be so great. I have heard so many bloggers and you tubers rave about it but I really did not care for it enough to pay the hefty $42 price for it. I actually have found the WalMart’s Equate Night Cream that I keep on hand for travel or if I run out of my other night creams does a better job for me. I am not for sure but I believe it cost me like $5. So, no I would not purchase this product.
- The little white jar with green writing on lid is a sample of the Mario Badescu Glycolic Eye Cream – This cream was not a bad cream nor was it a Wow!! product for me. No, I won’t purchase this product.
- The long silver pen is the Physician’s Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Boosting Eyeliner + Serum in Ultra Black – I absolutely love this felt tip eyeliner pen. I hate to say this but I choose this one over my Merle Norman one. It just goes on so black, smooth, easy and lasts all day. It is kind of a more wet formula than the other ones I have tried but not so wet that it is messy. I find that with my wrinkly eye lids the dryer formulas does not glide on so easy and I end up with uneven messy lines, plus takes me twice as long to apply. Yes, I will and have repurchased this product.
- The last item, the black pen is the Sephora Doe eyed 2-in-1 Felt Eyeliner pen – This is one of those I mentioned above that was to dry of a formula for me, plus it smeared and did not last on my eyelids. No, I will not repurchase this product.
I hope you enjoyed Beth and Beauty’s March 2014 Empties! Please feel free to leave any tips, suggestions or questions in my comment section. I read and reply to all of them. I hope you enjoyed your visit to Beth and Beauty and you have decided to stay awhile by subscribing to my blog by email, BlogLovin, or Google+. We can also connect through any of my social media outlets. Just click on the corresponding social media icon. I am just a click away. If you haven’t already please go to Giveaway and Beth and Beauty’s Thrifty Thursday All in One! to enter my current giveaway! There is only 1 day left to enter.
Question(s) of the day: What is a product you have used up this month? Will you repurchase it?