Hi! Beauties! Look what I have already received this month!! So, today on Beth and Beauty I am going to share with you what products I received this month in my Ipsy Glam Bag. This month’s theme is Beauty Rocks. For anyone who is new and has never heard of the Ipsy Glam Bag, let me share some information about the monthly subscription with you. It is a monthly beauty subscription where you receive 4-5 deluxe sample or full size products in an different makeup bag each month. The cost per month is only $10 and that includes shipping. You take a personal quiz when you join to help them know what kind of products to send you. If you would like to check it out and/or subscribe to Ipsy just click on blue link. When you subscribe using my link you help me out by Ipsy giving me points and the more points I get, I am able to get a free product. You can do same thing once you have joined, you will get your own referral link you can share on Facebook or whatever social media you choose. I have been subscribed (subscription is paid for by me) for almost a year and I love my subscription. Yes, there are months that I may not like some of the products that I get but I always get my moneys worth. Now let’s get down to the nitty gritty and see what I received this month.
I will say that the bag this month had a strong plastic scent when I opened my nice pink package. The scent has subsided for the most part now. Even with the scent though I am loving the bag!!
Now I will give you the run down on the products I received this month. I will be honest when I opened package this month and that smell hit me and bag seemed not so full, I was saying to myself, “Well this is going to be one of those not so good months,” but I was so wrong. I received the following products:
- CAILYN tinted lip balm in the color Apple Pink (Full Size 0.14 oz). I am really loving this lip balm’s color (swatches below) all though the formula can be drying on your lips and made my lips tingle. Not enough of either that will keep me from wearing it. I just will have to make sure I use my homemade lip scrub on my lips first and apply a lip gloss on top. I don’t think I will be purchasing this product though. This is what their web page says about product: – 3D Smart Film Former: This advanced technology stabilizes pigment powders and allows color stay put longer without losing its vibrancy. This balm won’t smudge or need to be retouched as daytime transforms into evening. – Moisturizing: Infused with carnauba wax and beeswax, this tinted lip balm moisturizes and conditions the delicate skin of the lips while restoring its health naturally. Its unique formula penetrates deeply to help heal and prevent wrinkling, roughness, and dryness. – Versatility: For slick, matte texture, wear it on its own for long-lasting color. Or coat it with CAILYN Pearly Shimmer Balm for more glamorous, shimmery pout. Full size product cost $19 on cailyncosmetics.com.
- Urban Decay’s new 24/7 Velvet eyeliner pencil (travel size 0.03 oz). I am loving this eyeliner pencil. This pencil has lasting power. I had to use a makeup remover to get my swatch off of my arm and it is a very black eyeliner pencil. This is what their webpage says about it: A must for smoky-eye fanatics: an ultra-plush version of UD’s creamy, waterproof 24/7 formula. Create perfectly blended-out or rich, precise lines that are blacker-than-black. Looking for the perfect liner to complement the ever-popular UD smoky eye? This is it: an ultra-velvety, PLUSH version of our legendary 24/7 Eye Pencil. 24/7 Velvet Glide-On Eye Pencil is the ultimate tool for smudging. And it has the same long-lasting benefits as our 24/7 Eye Pencils. Full size is $20 for 0.04 oz at urbandecay.com. Since the full size product is not much bigger, I am saying the value of this travel one I received is $13.50.
- dr. Brandt’s Microdermabrasion skin exfoliant (deluxe sample size .25 oz). I am excited to try this product. I hope it does what it is suppose to. I will keep you updated on this product on Beth and Beauty’s Facebook page, so be sure and click on like on my Facebook link on my left sidebar. Here is what their website says about it:
The dr. brandt® microdermabrasion gently sweeps away dead skin cells and softens skin texture, which enables better absorption of skincare products and helps diminish the appearance of fine lines, acne marks, and skin discolorations. A great at home alternative to professional clinical treatments. Safe to use for all skin types. For best results use with dr. brandt® skincare products.
– Slowly and gently massage cream onto skin for 1-2 minutes avoiding the eye area
– Rinse well, pat dry
– Best if used 1- 2 times per week allowing 3 days between applications
Full size: 2 oz is $78 at drbrandtskincare.com
- Pop goes the Shadow by Elizabeth Mott (full size 0.07oz). I am loving this champagne color (swatch below) I received. I am looking forward to using it just on the 1/3 of my inner eyelid near tear duct to lighten up my eyes. Here is what the website says about this product: The Elizabeth Mott pop! goes the eyeshadow is the ultimate eyeshadow that’s long lasting, easy to apply, and effortlessly blends. Buildable colors will take you from subtle highlights to dramatic smokey eyes. With pop! goes the shadow, eye shadow creasing is a thing of the past. Get ready to try the eye shadow that will change your life! I Received full size and it cost $12.99 at elizabethmott.com and looks to have 2 other colors Antique Brass and Stars at Night
- Demeter Jasmine Roll On Perfume Oil (Full size 0.29 fl oz). My verdict is still out on this fragrance. At first smell, I was like, “Old lady smell” and then I went ahead and put some on my wrist and after it was on for just a moment the smell was something I believe I like. I did wear it today and it did not last that long on me. I think I will like just using it at night after shower/bath just for some added fragrance to help me relax with. I will say when I went to the demeterfragrance.com website to check out what the price of this product was, I found they have any kind of fragrance you could imagine and not just perfume oils, but a variety of type of products for each fragrance. I am definitely going to check out their website and use the Ipsy member 20% off purchase code. Here is what their website says about the Jasmine and other products: An exotic, sweet, warm floral bouquet. Demeter’s Jasmine is the experience of the living flowers picked on a beautiful spring night. Wear alone or layer with your favorite Demeter fragrance. With over 250 fragrances, the Demeter Fragrance library is inspired by everyday objects and experiences. I received the full size and it is $10 on their website.
Above are swatches of the Urban Decay new 24/7 Velvet eyliner pencil, the CAILYN tinted lip balm in Apple Pink and the Pop goes the Shadow in Champagne.
So, I am really pleased with this month’s products and makeup bag (even with the smell). So, I paid $10 including shipping and all the products added up, not even counting the dr. Brandt’s product was worth $55.49 ($56). I will share with you my link one more time for your convenience so if you are interested in joining, just click on the following link:
I hoped you enjoyed this Beth and Beauty Ipsy April 2014 Glam Bag reveal. I hope you enjoyed your visit and have decided to stay awhile by subscribing to my blog. You can do this by either email or BlogLovin. I would love for you to follow me on Facebook by clicking the “Like” button. If you have any tips, suggestions or questions please feel free to leave them below in the comment section. We can also connect through any of my social media outlets, just click on the corresponding floating icon you would like to use and I am just a click away.