Hi! Beauties! It is recipe Friday! A good friend and subscriber, Lee Ann Clary Corbitt, that I have known since Kindergarten asked for me to post this recipe. This is my rendition of a healthy version of a Chicken Rice Broccoli Casserole. I believe I made it healthier by using the 98% Fat Free Broccoli Cheese Soup,1% Milk and I also use skinless boneless chicken breast. I used instant white rice this time because I was out of the brown rice. As you can see above my husband really likes this recipe and so do I. The crushed French Fried Onions adds some crunch and additional flavor. Forgive me but I am still learning and ran out of time so I didn’t get to add the nutritional values to this recipe. Hopefully next Friday’s recipe will have the nutritional values included on it. Thank you for understanding!
- 2 cooked and shredded chicken breast (can substitute 2 cups of shredded Rotisserie chicken)
- 1½ cups rice
- 2 cups of frozen broccoli
- 1 10¾ oz. can 98% Fat Free Broccoli Cheese soup
- 1 10¾ oz. can of 1% low fat milk (use empty soup can)
- 1 tsp of sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 cup crushed French Fried Onions(any brand)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a 9 x 13 pan with nonstick cooking spray
- Cook Rice as directed on package
- Cook Broccoli as directed on package
- In large bowl add and mix all ingredients except crushed french fried onions
- Pour into sprayed 9 x 13 pan
- Sprinkle top with the cup of crushed french fried onions
- Cook in 350 degree oven for 35-40 minutes, or until bubbly and golden brown on top.
Thank you for visiting my blog. I hope you will try this recipe and let me know how you liked it. Please subscribe if you haven’t already, it is free and you will be notified when any new articles are published on my blog. I love to read any comments, suggestions or feedback. Also please feel free to leave any questions you may have for me. I read and respond to all my comments and questions. As always you can also connect with me through any of my social media icons, I am just a click away!