Hi! Beauties! Today I thought I would share some tips with you that I have found while trying to answer the question I have been asking for so very long. How do I get my hair to grow? Above I am sharing with you a collage picture of the hair I am currently envying. I have always loved and wanted long hair. I have come to realize I will settle with even my shorter hair as long as it looks healthy, not frizzy. This point was really brought to my attention when for some reason, one day, I thought I could dye my own hair at home. I was so wrong!!! While trying to correct my mess my hair suffered some major damage. I thought I would share the top 10 tips I found while researching to find the answer to the age old question of how to get my hair to grow. As pictured below, I believe my hair has came a long way since and is in a much healthier state but I would still like for it to be even longer.
- Stay away from heat. Healthy hair grows more. I stopped blow drying and curling my hair everyday. Now I only do it once every week, or when I’m going somewhere “special.” I always use a hair oil on my wet hair if I am going to be blow drying it. Also when I do use a curling iron I always use an heat protectant before I curl my hair. It takes a few weeks for your hair to get used to not being blow dried.The first few days my hair was frizzy and all over the place. But as time passed, it seemed that my hair was healing from all the heat I had been using and was finally finding its place.
- Deep condition once a week with either an hot oil mask or there are other great deep non-oil hair mask out there. Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Conditioner (click on this link and you can see my current hair routine) has been a life saver for my hair. I have not tried this one yet, but I have read and heard so many great reviews that a great DIY hair mask is to take a mashed up avacado then mix with a tablespoon of olive oil and rub it through your hair. Let it stay on hair for 15 minutes then wash hair as you normally would. I have however applied organic non-refined coconut oil to my dry hair and left it on for same amount of time and it did really seem to help.
- Increase your Omega-3 consumption. Omega-3 is good for your overall health, and it keeps a close realtionship with healthy, shiny, fast growing hair. To help keep your hair healthy, eat a healthy diet. Personally, my diet was very deficient in Omegas. Im not a big fan of fish, some ways to increase your Omega-3 consumption is start drinking and eating chia seeds. They are said to really help hair growth, as well as energy levels and overall health. I am planning on picking up some of these chia seeds and start adding them to my smoothies.
- Trim or no trim? The question of the hour. Does a trim REALLY help your grow faster? Yes, if you are not trimming your hair frequently, it will likely obtain broken and split ends. Your roots will be growing, but it will be countered by the ends breaking off. so TRIM!
- Prenatal Vitamins are commonly used to aid in hair growth. It is fine to take prenatals when you are not pregnant. Prenatals are a vitamin and will actually help and nourish your body.Biotin up to 10,000mcg can be taken along with an everyday vitamin, if you are not comfortable taking prenatal vitamins. I already have to take double the amount of multi-vitamins every day since my gastric bypass surgery so I have decided to add the biotin to my list of vitamins/minerals that I take daily.
- Don’t wash your hair every day, washing your hair everyday washes away the nutrients your hair needs to grow healthy and strong. I have read and seen this tip mentioned the most. It is recommended to only wash your hair 2-3 times a week and to use dry shampoo in between hair washes if needed to help with oil or volume. I have been doing this for at least 2-3 months now and it has made a difference in my hair’s health, which in return helps with hair growth.
- Do not brush your hair while it is wet. If you do make sure you’re using a wide tooth comb. Brushing your hair while it is wet breaks your hair. They do now have what they call a Wet Brush you can buy and use to brush wet hair with out breaking your hair. You can get it on Amazon.com, ulta or any beauty supply store.
- Eating a healthy diet will help your hair grow healthy and strong. Also, drinking lots of water helps your hair stay hydrated which in turn will help growth.
- Coconut Milk makes your hair grow faster and thicker.(The kind from a can is fine.) Rub it onto scalp, leave it on for an hour or so, then wash it out. I have never tried this, but I have tried as mentioned above coconut oil.
- To make hair grow faster, every week microwave one cup of water, one tablespoon of honey, and three tablespoons of olive oil for 35-or so seconds or until it comes to a barely boil. Crack two eggs and add the yolks to mixture, mix it well then apply to hair for thirty minutes, then rinse out. I have not tried this one, but I thought it was a very interesting tip. I do believe I will be giving it a try soon. It is all natural ingredients, so it can’t hurt to give it a try.
I hope that these tips will be helpful for you. If you have any tips of your own, please share them with us. If you have any tips, suggestions or questions please feel free to leave them below in the comment section. To leave a comment just click below where is says how many comments there are for this article. I am only telling you this because I have had some subscribers ask me how to leave a comment due to them not seeing the actual comment section. I totally understand why the question, when I first started reading some blogs I also had a hard time figuring out how to leave a comment. Also we can connect through any of my social media outlets, just click on corresponding floating icon and I am just a click away.