- Maybelline’s New Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser .67 oz $5.74 at my local Walmart.
- Benefit’s POREfessional .75oz $30 at Sephora.com (pictured above is a trial size I received as a gift with purchase)
- Above you can see a before picture. All I have on is my daily moisturizer and I have also already done my eyebrows.
- Above you can also see an after picture. On the right side of my face I used the Benefit’s POREfessional primer and on the left side of my face I used the Maybelline’s New Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser (will be referred to as Baby Skin for rest of article) under my makeup. I will give you a list of what makeup I am wearing below in the article.
- Lastly, above you will see a picture of the actual products on back of my hand.
Hi! Beauties! I was asked by one of my Bloglovin subscribers and a fellow blogger, Rebecca, from www.HelloPrettyBird.com what I thought of the Maybelline’s New Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser. First, I want to thank her for reading my Collective Haul: CVS and Wal-Mart article and then asking for my opinion. I decided to do this by doing a first impression and comparison article using the Maybelline’s Baby Skin and the Benefit POREfessional primers. Both products claim to erase the appearance of pores.
We will begin with the Maybelline New Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser. As pictured above, it has adorable packaging and it is a clear transparent gel formula. It has a silky, smooth and silicone texture. For the .67 oz tube it is priced around the $6 mark, it is just according to where you purchase it at. These are the claims that can be found on the packaging:
- Instantly blurs the look of pores, without clogging them.
- Transparent gel formula, smooths on clear.
- Smoothes and refines skin’s appearance.
- Non-comedogenic and fragrance free.
- Directions says use alone for flawless-looking skin, smoothing onto areas with visible pores or Smooth a thin layer under foundation for a smooth-looking finish.
Now for my own impression of the Baby Skin. As my after picture above shows there is little difference, if any, on the left side of my face that I applied this to. So I do agree it does blur the look of pores. I would not wear this product alone and expect to see a flawless-looking skin. I believe its best use is as a foundation primer. It is fragrance free and it does glide on smoothly and clear. I have noticed while wearing it all day today that on the left side of my face that I used it on feels more slick, not so much to the touch, I can just tell that it is on my face unlike the Benefit’s Porefessional. Does it bother me enough not to wear it again? No, I will wear it again. The Baby Skin does not claim to make your foundation last any longer but I can say I just used it under the Pond’s BB+ cream today and there is little difference in the staying power on either side of my face.
How does it compare to the higher end Benefit’s POREfessional? The type of formula is totally different. As you can see in the picture above the POREfessional is not only beige but it is like a balm pasty formula but it also glides on smoothly and it also seems clear to me. The full size of this product comes in the size .75 oz and is priced at $30 at Sephora.com. You will find that the higher end brands like Benefit comes in the same price no matter where you purchase it for the most part, but you are limited to where you can find the products. I have found the Benefit brand at Amazon.com, Sephora.com, Ulta.com etc. Of course it can also be found in the actual Sephora and Ulta stores. The claims Benefit makes for the POREfessional is as follows:
- A professional balm that minimizes the appearance of pores.
- Quickly minimizes the appearance of pores and fine lines and helps makeup stay put.
- Silky and lightweight formula can be worn under makeup to create a smoother-smooth canvas and can also be used throughout the day on top of makeup to mattify shine and touch up problem areas.
- Oil-free formula contains vitamin E, which is known to protect skin from free radicals.
I have to agree with everything they claim. I can’t verify that it can be used throughout the day to help mattify and touch up problem areas by applying it on top of makeup because I have never used it that way. I have only used it as a primer. I can say it feels different on your face not only when applying it but also throughout the day. I used this product on the right side of my face today and unlike the Baby Skin I can’t tell it is even on my face, no slick feeling at all.
To sum this comparison up, I will use the Baby Skin as a primer on my light makeup days and I will use the POREfessional when I am going out on dates with my husband, church or any other time when I use my full coverage foundation routine. I will do this because using the Baby Skin($6) in between when I use my full foundation routine I will be saving money by making my POREfessional($30) last longer. Would I buy this product again? The answer is yes to both of them as long as it is in my budget for the POREfessional.
Makeup I wore on my face/eyes today(as promised above):
- Left side of face–Maybelline’s Baby Skin primer.
- Right side of face–Benefit’s POREfessional primer
- Pond’s Luminous Finish BB+ Cream in Light
- Mac’s Pro Longwear Concealer in NW20
- Tarte’s smooth operator finishing powder (white)(used to set under eye concealer).
- Coty’s Airspun Loose Face Powder in Naturally Neutral.
- Physicians Formula Summer Eclipse Bronzing Powder in Starlight
- Tarte’s Amazonian Clay 12- Hour blush in Fantastic
- Tarte’s Amazonian Clay 12- Hour blush in Angelic (used as highlighter)
- Lorac Unzipped Eye Shadow Palette– colors used was undercover and unspoken
- Benefit’s They’re Real Mascara- black
- Anastasia Brow Powder Duo–Medium Brown
- Anastasia Brow Wiz Pencil–Ash Blonde
- Anastasia Brow Duality Highlighting Duo Pencil–Camille/Sand
- Pop’s Pouty Pop Lip Crayon–Coral Crush
Thank you for visiting my blog and reading this article. I hope I have helped with your decision whether to purchase one or both of these products. Please subscribe if you haven’t already, it is free and you will be notified when any new articles are published on my blog. I love to read any comments, suggestions or feedback. Also please feel free to leave any questions you may have for me. I read and respond to all my comments and questions. As always you can also connect with me through any of my social media icons, I am just a click away!